The focus of the Inspire Fund is to support and fulfill grant requests from Champion teachers that support the expansion of educational opportunities within the Champion Local Schools.
The grant process is structured as follows:
- A call for grant requests will be made twice a year
- Teachers will submit their grant requests to the Fund Board
- All grants will be reviewed by a consortium of retired teachers then by the Fund Board
- Grants will be awarded based on a majority Board vote
The Board of Directors of the Fund oversees the entire grant process and retains advisory powers for any and all grants made from the Fund.
Contact us for grant timing.
General Grant Criteria
- The Inspire Fund will be supportive of equal opportunity objectives.
- Grant requests should have clearly defined and achievable objectives.
- Grant requests should be aligned with the objectives and overall goals of the Champion Schools.
- The person seeking the grant should possess the ability to successfully implement the resulting program.
- The proposed grant request should focus on activities that do not replicate similar programs within the school district.
- Recipients of grants are required to submit a written report detailing how the grant funds were used, what results were achieved and what progress was made toward the stated objectives. This report must be provided to the Board within six months of completing the grant process.
For more information on the grant process Contact Us.
The Community Foundation Connection
Inspire is a component fund of the Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley. The Community Foundation is a 501(c) (3) public charitable foundation that assists local funds with the needed oversight, reporting and management of charitable donations.
Donations to Inspire are made payable to the Community Foundation but are for the specific benefit of the Champion Inspire Fund. Distribution of funds is at the recommendation of the Board of the Champion Educational Enrichment Fund, leaving the decision making on how the funds will be used in the hands of the Champion Fund Board.
The funds are used only to support programs for students of Champion Local Schools and contributions are tax deductible, as permissible by law.
To learn more about the Community Foundation visit their website at www.cfmv.org